1. After 4 respectively 3 weeks clinical practise and study, students will be able to acquire a brief
understanding of basic theories of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) and a preliminary mastery
of fundamentals of acupuncture and moxibustion in relation to basic techniques of manipulation
and locations of some commonly used points as well as the therapeutic methods to treat some
common diseases by applying the theses of TCM diagnostic methods.
2. Students are required to cover a full day study - five days a week.
3. Every morning students will be split into small groups to have practise in hospitals supervised by
Chinese doctors. Communication will be assured by translators. In the afternoon they will have
theoretic lectures on TCM and acupuncture theories.
4. The students will undertake in clinics the following:
Generally speaking, they will learn to treat and take care of the patients with the supervision of
Chinese doctors and teachers. They will learn specific manipulation of needle techniques, to make
diagnosis of patients according to the four TCM-diagnostic methods, discuss with the doctors
about different cases according diagnosis and treatment principles.
Solve all kinds of practical problems encountered with the help of the doctors. Open option for the
Centre if available: Educational visits at section operations or brain operations supported by
5. The contents of the afternoon lectures will cover: Basic theory of the development and back-
ground of TCM, Techniques of acupuncture and moxibustion, running course of meridians and
collateral’s and the location of points, general principles of acupuncture treatment, TCM-diagnostic
methods, detailed introduction of the treatment methods of some common diseases, brief
introduction to ear acupuncture and acupuncture anaesthesia.
6. Confirmation of Training: Certificate in Chinese / English, topics and hours of study
(Das Ablegen einer Akupunktur-Prüfung ist nur für approbierte Ärzte möglich!)